Bloomberg has compiled a comprehensive list of the world’s 200 richest people, detailing their estimated assets, possessions, and net worth. Once again, Microsoft co-founder and renowned philanthropist Bill Gates tops the list with an estimated net worth of $85.9 billion. To put that in context, he would have to spend $2.3 million USD every single day for the next 100 years to deplete his vast fortune, and that’s not including interest and other wealth-enlarging factors.
After Gates, we find the Amazon founder Jeff Bezos at number 4 with $63.1 billion and Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg at number 8 with $49.7 billion. You can see the top 10 below and head over to Bloomberg for the full 200 + mini biographies.
- Bill Gates (Co-founder of Microsoft): $85.9B
Amancia Ortega (Major owner of Inditex): $75.8B
3. Warren Buffett (Chairman & largest shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway): $68.2B
4. Jeff Bezos (Chairman & largest shareholder of Amazon): $63.1B
5. Charles Koch: Chairman & CEO of Koch Industries: $55.2B
6. David Koch (Executive vice president of Koch Industries: $55.2B
7. Carlos Slim (Chairman & CEO of America Movil, Telmex, Samsung Mexico): $51.4B
8. Mark Zuckerberg (Co-founder & CEO of Facebook): $49.7B
9. Larry Ellison (Founder & largest shareholder of Oracle): $43.4B
10. Ingvar Kamprad (Founder of IKEA): $42.5B