The .Net Developer, within Operations, is part of a 3 person team delivering a variety of data, reporting, and productivity capabilities to the broader organization. Team members work closely with our Front, Middle, Back-Office, Accountants, and IT Dpt. The candidate is expected to be technically oriented and to possess a high level of expertise in data, reporting object oriented development skills (MS tech.), and preferably, to have a basic knowledge in finance. The team acts not only as a central point of contact for ad hoc and recurring data and reporting needs, but also as a solutions team for a variety of other efficiency and data oriented process improvements. The candidate needs to be a critical thinker, solution orientated, analytical highly self-motivated, and possesses a strong desire to improve processes and deliver value
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Actively participate in the day-to-day tasks to feed the in-house data warehouse and perform quality and exhaustive data controls
• Create financial tools, reporting and data delivery solutions
• Become an expert in data and reporting platform
• Actively cross train to provide backup coverage for all team members
• Actively participate in departmental projects and initiative
• Master Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• Significant Object Oriented Programming experience on the C# .NET and ASP.NET.
• Ability to write complex SQL queries that join data from multiple sources and perform efficiently on large volume of data
• Team-oriented with excellent technical problem solving skills
• Experience analyzing and managing large datasets to summarize and interpret information to deliver enterprise value
• Commitment to delivering and releasing quickly, efficiently.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Strong analytical skills and independent judgement
• Experience in the financial service industry, preferable in the buy side (3-5 years) and knowledge of investment products is a must